For writer and artists, it's difficult to obtain information about protecting your rights in your creative projects. And if you do, it's difficult to decipher the "legalese."
In this workshop designed for writers, we'll cover the basics of copyrights, trademarks and key artistic rights so that you'll understand the fine print without having a law degree.
In this session, you'll learn:
- The differences between Copyright, Trademarks, Patents and Service Marks
- The Copyright Registration Process and the CASE law
- What is the Public Domain?
- What is the Fair Use Doctrine?
- Which Business Entity is best for my writing career?
- Should I license or sell my work?
- Resources to help you protect your rights
Upcoming Sessions: (advance registration required)
October, 12, 2022 7 p.m. New Canaan Library, New Canaan, CT. Click to register.
October 19, 2022 - 2 p.m. - White Plains Public Library, White Plains, NY. Click to Register.*
November 17, 2022 - 7:30 p.m. - Forth Worth Public Library, Global Entrepreneurs Week, Forth Worth Texas*
November 18, 2022 - 7 p.m. - Sarah Hallock Library, Milton, NY
December 14, 2022 - 2 p.m. - Institute for Continued Learning, Roosevelt University*